Last updated: 7 September 2016
These Local Pirate Terms are to be read in conjunction with, and incorporate, our Membership Terms, which you can find on our website here. Capitalised terms in those Membership Terms have the same meaning here unless otherwise indicated.
- From time to time we’ll let you know about brief, ad-hoc tasks that we need carrying out, either by email, or on our Site, but predominantly; over Whatsapp (Tasks)
- Any Member can apply for a Task, and each Task will explain whether there is further information we need from you
- Tasks are only awarded when we write to confirm the award to the Member we select, and until then neither you nor us are under any obligation to each other
- We’ll choose who receives each Task, and might sometimes decide not to award it to anyone, or to withdraw it even after we’ve had interest registered
- If you are awarded a Task, we’ll send you more information about it, including how to confirm the Task has been completed (which might mean dropping us a line with a photo as evidence or another kind of verification)
- You will hold harmless and indemnify us, our officers, directors, employees and agents and those of the relevant Studio from and against all claims, fees, costs, liabilities, proceedings, losses, damages and expenses arising out of your performance of a Task
- You agree to perform any Tasks which you are awarded in accordance with the terms of that Task, in a professional and workmanlike manner and to a high standard of quality and integrity, using all reasonable care and skill, and that you will comply with all reasonable instructions given by us or the relevant Studio in connection with the Task, cooperate with any of our employees, contractors or agents or those of the Studio, and to comply with any health & safety or other policies or codes of conduct communicated to you by us or the Studio
- If the Task is completed and confirmed to our reasonable satisfaction in all material respects, we’ll credit your Account and you can use this to rehearse at a Studio (Rehearsal Credit)
- Rehearsal Credit is personal to you and cannot be exchanged or transferred, they work in the same way as the Allotted Time available with Paid Memberships described in our Membership Terms, but you can use Rehearsal Credit for up to 3 months from the date you receive it
- You agree not to assume, create or incur any liability or obligation on our behalf or that of a Studio, and a Task will not give rise to a partnership, employment or agency relationship and you shall not do anything to suggest you are our partner, agent or employee
- Tasks may have an expiry date, and if we award you a Task, we can withdraw it at any time before you start without awarding Rehearsal Credit, or we can withdraw it after you’ve started and bring an end to that Task if we grant you a reasonable proportion of the associated Rehearsal Credit based on your progress
We might change these terms from time to time and will post any changes to this page, or by notifying you where practical, such as by email.